Monday 14 March 2011

Statistics

Time
The winner was Kenyan Edwin Kipkorir with race and chip times of 01:04:00.

My race time - from when the gun went off to when I finished - 02:18:21
My chip time - from when I crossed the start time to when I finished - 02:12:56

I crossed the 10Km mark - nearly half-way - less than 3 minutes before the winner finished.

From which you can tell that I did not start until 6 minutes after the gun and it took me more than twice as long as the winner to complete the distance.

Quantity
It is difficult to find out how many people finished the Bath Half Marathon.

The preliminary official results on the website show that I was placed 7907 race time out of 10823 finishers, or 8115 out of 10823 finishers on my chip time.

Among the Veteran Males over 60 my place was shown as 93 (race) and 97 (chip) out of 154. Did I achieve the "standard" for my age do you think?

The Bath Chronicle results show me as 7924 in an ordered list of 10909 names - with times shown for those up to 10848. Sandwiched between a couple of 40 year-old “vets”. Not bad.

So which is right? Does it matter?

Know Your Place
Whichever way you look at it I came in the third quartile.

A comfortable place to be.

View of Pulteney Bridge from North Parade
Bath - Empire Hotel, Pulteney Bridge and weir.

Except that "Comfortable Place" is on the Upper Bristol Road. The race route passes it.

2012 Bath Half
Priority entries are already open for next year. Shall I go for it?


1 comment:

  1. Glad you found the Bath Chronicle results useful, and thanks for the name check! The results published in the paper are based on the latest set of figures sent to us by the race organisers, which came through on the Monday morning after the race. The organisers may have made further updates to their website after our press deadlines. We can only go on what they send us - and we're never sure it's completely right!

    Congratulations on finishing so respectably!

    Hugh Dixon
    The Bath Chronicle

    ReplyDelete