Saturday 31 December 2011

Year Gone - Come Year

Year Gone
Target of one half marathon was exceeded 100% - as I did two.

My running mileage in the year was 927.5. Did not set a target.
Next year target 1000 - 20 miles per week.

Correction:- my 2011 mileage was only 851.5. The higher figure was mileage since I got my Garmin in November 2010.
One-mile self-timed monthly time- trial - improved by 5 sec over 5 months.
Next year’s target improve by 12 sec over 12 months? Probably does not work like that.

Weight loss past year only 1lb.
Target 2012 - half a stone.

Yule Log
Last year we had a white Christmas and the snow and ice curtailed my running so that I had a gap in my December running of 18 days.

This year we have had wind and rain, I have had to work, and the gap of 8 days in running feels a long time.
Only done one training run this week.

December Routine
My runs have got into a bit of a rut in that I do 7 miles within 70 minutes or 6 ½ within an hour.
Weather and mood changes have provided the variety.

Difficulties Overcome
Douglas Adams seems to have hit the nail when he highlighted the effect of difficulties to be overcome resulting on an improvement in performance - the effect of increasing deafness on Beethoven’s output.

Not in the same league but pertinent - the effect of weather on my runs.
Being able to choose the time of day for my runs means that I can find a slot in the weather that suits me - the dry and sunny patch between the early morning and late afternoon showers.
But - my run in the wind and rain was faster and felt better than the same run on a dry sunny day.

Sharing Running
On 185th Run got to first "way point" quicker than usual so pressed on slightly to get to half way in good time.
On return leg got chatting with another runner and leant about local gym and wear in shoes.
First occasion that I have run and chatted at the same time! HR remained below 170 at max 168.
Parted company at 3rd way point and set out with renewed vigour uphill to home.

Result - enjoyable run in good company and completed within 1 hour target time.
What could be better than that?

Resolution No 5
Do some 5k races in 2012.


When One Door Closes - Another Opens



"Everything on this blog is true.  I should know - I made it up" Westonbloke



No comments:

Post a Comment