Sunday 11 March 2012

Disaster

Race Day
It is a beautiful sunny day out there - over 14deg C. I should be pounding the streets of Bath in the Half Marathon at this moment. Instead I am stuck indoors shivering with ague and aching limbs.

Instead of seeking to record an improved time I am recording the times I take pills.

Out of Africa
About now the winner will be accepting his prize. And I should have been near my last watering stop of the race.

Psittacosis
Sick as a parrot, I am, Brian.

But fortunately not as sick as that rare “Norwegian Blue.”
Just feeling blue.

Vertigo !
 
It says that Life would signify
A thwarted purposing:
That we come to live, and are called to die.
Yes, that's the thing
In fall, in spring,That Yell'ham says:-
Life offers - to deny!
Yell'ham Wood's Story - Thomas Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment