Saturday 25 February 2012

Every Day Would Be

The First Day of Spring
Today the sunshine and warm temperature - more than 11deg C - brought out the topless cars and ice cream vans for the first time this year. Crocuses in bloom. Must be Spring.

Also got me out for my first run for 10 days.

Recovery Run
Deliberately slow and evenly paced. Technically not a Recovery Run - but for me a recovery from being unwell run.

Did not work out quite as planned tho’ My log says:-
206th Run. Recovery From Flu Run! 6.5 miles in over an hour. Garmin only recorded outward journey - must have pushed wrong button.
Bridge 2 far - usual route and distance hence know it was 6.5 miles.
Standing HR started relatively high - 72 and HR on run also fairly high for amount of effort put in - Ave 159 and max 176. Which suggests not fully well yet. Or maybe loss of fitness whilst off.
As a "marker" also included time for measured mile - did not push it so came out as 8min 50sec as against best of 7min 22sec.
Pleased with result. Felt OK.
Bath Half
Worried - I am not listed on the website - but got the chip and No.

Waiting to hear what the explanation is. I mean I sent them my last year's time and everything so they know who I am.

Don’t think they allow anyone to run under another name.

Sponsorship
Have sent off for a fund-raising pack. Planning on going local this year.

Rise of Paganism in Bath
On the way to my running routes. More tea vicar?

Decorated Apple Trees

Cling, swing,
Spring, sing,
Swing up into the apple tree.
Landscapes - New Hampshire - T S Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment