Saturday 18 February 2012

Man Flu

Symptoms in the Attic

My Thursday and Friday:-
  • Explosive sneezing
  • Hacking cough
  • Rasping sore throat - indeed feeling as though it is being rasped by a saw
  • Vice across the bridge of the nose - or a G clamp
  • Dizziness and Nausea
Almost every bone aching:-
  • Legs
  • Hips
  • Head
  • Jaw
  • Knees
Unable to breathe.  Unable to sleep - but hallucinatory dreams.
Smell of good food cooking - induces retching.  But gut aching from hunger.

These are the symptoms of Man Flu.

A Problem Shared
Except it is not just me who is suffering from it. But Milady's symptoms are slightly different. More coughing - less paranoia.

Paracetamol ran out yesterday - so had to go out and get some more.
Short walk to shop - but exhausting.

Virulent Virus
As a pensioner I no longer get contact with the popular viruses going round the schools and workplaces of the country - so my natural defences are as out of touch as I am.

Vitamin C
Which is probably why my intake of fruit including oranges has no effect.

Running Training
You are joking!



 Anticipation - or Prophecy?

I've a head like a concertina, I've a tongue like a button-stick,
I've a mouth like an old potato, and I'm more than a little sick,
But I've had my fun o' the Corp'ral's Guard; I've made the cinders fly,
And I'm here in the Clink for a thundering drink and blacking the Corporal's eye.
Cells - Rudyard Kipling

No comments:

Post a Comment