Tuesday 7 February 2012

Winter Running

How do runners who work manage to fit in their training?
At this time of year - mostly by running in the dark it would seem.

Pensioner Syndrome
Too much to do - so little time.
Lots of things to be fitted in during the past 2 weeks - and more to come.

It has been hard work keeping up the running schedule for the 1000 miles in 2012 challenge.
More than 20 miles last week and 22 this - so just about on the graph.

Rained & Snowed On
A change to more seasonable weather - colder. Still getting out to do the runs between snowfall and rain - avoiding slush and ice.
Hat and woolly gloves a comfort.

Srewfix
Who cares if I look a twit? The hat advertises Toge TSM. Best Screw In Town.
An ad campaign lost in translation.
Its my gardening hat.

Hours per Mile
My recent runs have been:-
  • 4 at 7 miles within 70 minutes
  • 1 at 6.5 miles within the hour
  • 1 at 10 miles within 103 minutes
  • 1 hill run of 6.5 within an hour.
    Bristol City

The longer runs pacing at 10 minute miles are not really fast enough if I am to improve on last year’s Bath time. Really I need to go at 9.5 minute miles over the longer distances.

Today I was overtaken by another runner and for awhile I kept within near sight of him.
He slowed a little and I speeded up a bit.

Moving the Margins
I need to do more short fast runs to build pace. Even a small margin would help psychologically.
But I need a 5% increase in pace. Not small.


An Economist said:-
“The modest increase in private car sales in January lifts hopes that consumer spending may hold up better than feared … and help the economy return to modest growth” Howard Archer of OHS Global Insight.

Car sales in the UK increased by 0.03% - including business as well as private sales.
Business Telegraph 7Feb.

What does this percentage represent in numbers?
Forty Two.
Inevitable I suppose.

The Last Laugh Saloon


 







No comments:

Post a Comment