Tuesday 12 October 2010

Blogging on Jogging

Blogging is the modern vanity publishing - without the expense and with the potential for a wider audience.

My interest in blogging was aroused when I found that others were doing it. So I wanted to have a go myself. My blog would be more informative, erudite and amusing than others.

Or maybe not.

Learning new things from books is still the way I prefer. And it must be for many others too - as shown by the vast numbers of computer-related how-to-do-it books. All instantly obsolete - in Somerset there is a warehouse full of them.

In the Library I found a new edition of Blogging For Dummies I knew I had to give blogging a try.

This almost coincided with my decision to enter the Bath Half Marathon. Doing one new thing encouraging the other. It did not take long to recognise the synergy between the two.

You don’t see it? Agreed, it is neither Auden and Britten nor Merlin and Mustang. But the blog needs narrative and my running requires motivation.

Thus:
  • Metaphorical boat-burning in pubic - no turning back
  • Support and advice - from friends and followers
  • Record of progress - and regression
  • Momentum and self discipline - the project has to continue to provide regular blog material
  • Helping a charity - by seeking sponsorship.
Each feeds on the other and combined provide more than the sum of the two parts.

That is synergy.

Synergy in Action

Coming Soon:- Options for sponsorship. Help me decide which of three charities to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment