Saturday 23 October 2010

Time To Rise

A birdie with a yellow bill
Hopped upon the window sill
Cocked his shining head and said
“Ain’t you shamed you sleepy head?”
Robert Louis Stevenson
One morning last week I lay in bed watching a blackbird eat blackberries. He hopped about a bit on the ground and then flew up to the top of the hedge grabbed a blackberry in his yellow bill and flew down to the ground again. He did this repeatedly until he had enough. I marvelled at his skill, energy, and persistence.

Routine
What was difficult has become routine:-
  • Up before Dawn (roseate fingers etc - thanks for the reminder Homer)
  • Run (well jog really) for 34-35 minutes / 4.8Km
  • Shower
  • Prepare breakfast
And all before my usual getting-up time.

This has been my routine - with interspersed rest days - for the past week. To many of you it may not seem to be a long running time or distance - but only a fortnight ago I was having difficulty at the end of 20mins / 2.4Km.

Next target - 40+ minutes or 5.5Km.

Upping The Anti
Yesterday I posted an entry for the Swindon 10Km race on 21st November.

Today I jogged for 5 laps - approx 6Kms - 44.4 minutes.

“A week is a long time in politics.” - Harold Wilson

A Footbridge








 




No comments:

Post a Comment