Tuesday 3 August 2010

First Step

Everything in this blog is true. I should know, I made it up.
Only the names have been changed to protect the guilty.


It has started. I am committed. Perhaps I should be.
I have entered for the 30th Anniversary Bath Half Marathon to be held on 6th March 2011.
And my entry has been accepted.
So what?  Well that is 2 impossible things achieved in one day.

I don't do running. I don't like it. Never have. The alleged pain in order to gain trade-off has never appealed to me. Besides, I am not built for running. Was useless at athletics at school - never achieved the standard for my age.  Standard for age you note - not size. Discrimination!  Scarred for Life!  Excuses.

When I told She her reaction was "You've done what?  You are mad!  Why?"

Good question.  If I find out I will let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment