Monday 16 August 2010

The Forum

One of the great things about being human is the ability to communicate with others. Before doing anything new it is possible to ask advice from those who have been there, done it, got the T-shirt. If you get the running bug you can ask your mate down the pub

Or look at a Runners’ Forum on the web

Lurked a bit on the edge to find out what it was about. Read lots of advice for beginners. Signed up. Found out others shared the same misgivings as me. Stepped in to introduce myself. Mentally the equivalent of entering a crowded locker room for the first time. Fantastic welcome and support from lots of people and some more good advice, which I shall follow.

Made a bit of a hash of replying. Site thought I was no longer logged in as a member and came up with an error message. So as to be sure the post had not already gone, I waited to next day to send it again, which worked. Hope I got the etiquette right.

Don’t know if the cause is the <1Mb of our high-speed BTphoneline internet connection, the creaky old desktop, or Internet Explorer. Last time I came across this problem I used the laptop and Firefox with success.

Is this blog about running or computers?

No comments:

Post a Comment