Monday 30 August 2010

Hornbeam double-O

New regime from today - aimed at increasing distance not speed.

In just a short time I have got into a comfortable rut, Doing the same circuit but reducing the time taken. This is not a good way of preparing for a half-marathon.

So I have switched to using the runners forum guide for beginners.

This proposes a repeated alternating walk-run scheme over 20 minutes. Each week the running is extended at the expense of the walking.

I have jumped in at week 3 and this feels about right for me at present. Using the same circuit as the past eight runs, but going round twice to get the full 20 minutes, I find that the running phases seem to coincide with the uphill stretches. Or that is my perception.

By the end of the programme I should be running continuously for the full 20 minutes.

Then all I have to do is extend the 20minutes x 10 for the Bath Half Marathon.

Today's Weather
Bright and Sunny
Clear Blue Sky - moon visible.
Temp - 13deg C
Humidity - 70%
Wind - 0mph

Useless Factoids
  • Dog walkers - 2
  • Cats - 2
  • Smokers - 1
  • Other runners - 1
  • Little Hoodies - 1

None would live past years again,
Yet all hope pleasure in what yet remain;
And, from the dregs of life, think to receive,
What the first sprightly running could not give. Dryden

  

No comments:

Post a Comment